The “Know Your Pain” Questionnaire
Do you have nerve pain?
There are many different kinds of pain. Answer six simple questions to find out if you are suffering from nerve pain.
- Click Yes if the item describes your pain over the past week or click No if it does not. Make sure to answer all the questions.
- If you feel pain in more than one part of your body, choose the most painful area and answer the questions based on that area.
- Add up all your Yes responses.
- If you answered Yes to 2 or more questions, you may have nerve pain. You should make an appointment to see your doctor
Portenoy R. Development and testing of a neuropathic pain screening questionnaire: ID Pain. Curr Med Res Opin. 2006;22(8):1555-65.
PAIN QUESTIONNAIRE (Please answer each question.)
- Did the pain feel like pins and needles?
- Did the pain feel hot/burning?
- Did the pain feel numb?
- Did the pain feel like electric shocks?
- Did the pain feel worse with the touch of clothing or bed sheets?
- Was the pain only in your joints?
THANK YOU FOR ANSWERING THE QUESTIONNAIRE
THIS MEANS THAT YOU MIGHT HAVE NERVE PAIN